10 Things You Didn't Know About Me
1. I LOVE to read. Growing up reading got to take me to all these amazing places, and even now as an adult when I can find the time to get into a book I do. Most recent editions to my library are The Duchess by Danielle Steele, A Dogs Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron and The Help by Kathryn Stockett.
2. I am HUGE Harry Potter fan and I owe it all to my second grade teacher Mr. Hillis for reading us the first book to us during read-aloud. Ever since then I have been hooked. I've read all of the books so many times they are literally falling apart and use to own the movies on VHS- which yes I even ruined those tapes.
3. I come from a small town....as in there were 15 in my graduating class and that includes the foreign exchange student. So we all knew each other and our parents and our grandparents...and truth be told, I wouldn't change it for the world!
4. I wanted to be a teacher my whole life and was set on it until the spring of my senior year in high school, where for various reasons I changed my mind. I still work in the education field and love it, but no not regret where my path has taken me.
5. I have a brother who is 10 years older than I am, his name is Cory and he lives in Alaska where he apart of the US Army. He and I have one of the best relationships possible and he truly is one of my best friends.
6. My parents had me late in life...he was 49 and she was 38. So I was raised on old traditions and think that is where my old soul comes in.
7. My best friend, Lindsey is one of the most inspiring people in my life. She and I have known each other for approximately 20 years and we have made it through thick and thin together.
8. I have never owned a dog...but grew up with my cat Junior and now have my fur baby Diesel.
9. I have what I called a "second family". I have a second mom, her daughter who I refer to as my sister and her daughter who is my niece. I also have a fourth (technically) set of grandparents, although he passed away just over a year ago. Without those people in my life, I am really not sure where I would be today.
10. I am mostly Dutch and Scottish, although my appearance and eating habits (enter pasta and pizza) make everyone think I am Italian.